Spiritual reasons that I may permanent logging off the social media world

 

Picture not owned by the author.

1. Using social media has affected my mental health 

Other people's opinion without proper reasoning is posted everywhere and I have found that every time I finished scrolling my timeline, I became less hopeful and more worrying. And that addictiveness just makes me feel like a slave. 

2. It has been a nurturing bed of conspiracy theory 

Not all information is true and it is just too much of people's opinion which I do not think I need that in my life. People share stuff without thinking twice and people's opinions have been more and more extreme in recent years. It is scary, I cannot change the world but I can do something to not letting it affect my life. 

3. It makes me seeking attention in the wrong direction 

Unintentionally, I may want to know how much people care for my post and is there any comment on my post. What I am trying to achieve is to seek the attention of people from the wrong path. The only attention that I need is from God and my own attention to living my life truly every day. I really do not see the benefits of letting others knowing my thoughts without me knowing it. If someone really want to care for me, he/she would come to a personal level to communicate with me. 

4. It gives me false security in human relationship 

It gives rush dopamine but never satisfying our real desire for deep intimacy, it may lose our ability to truly connect with another human person. Social media makes vulnerability not necessary in a relationship, we do not need to deal with the messiness of life when we are connecting on social media. It is an avoidance of reality, it is not healthy to do this for our life. 

5. It makes me give attention to other's life rather than my own life 




With prayer,

Jessica 

8/2/21 Feast of St Josephine Bakhita


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

勇于承认我们的破碎,不堪和心灵上的伤口.

The real story about the Ecological Crisis (Oversimplified version)